The One Trick To Keep Your Jewelry From Fading


I LOVE to buy jewelry from Forever21 and H&M! But I find that they often fade because they're made of cheaper metals. Well I realized there's one thing I can do to keep my jewelry from fading or oxidizing. By spray painting a clear gloss coat over my jewelry I can protect it from moisture and my "silvers" and "golds" will never fade. Some people use clear nail polish to do this but I've found that the nail polish will peel off after a few weeks of wear.


Don't forget to tape off the gems! Spraying over the gems may cause them to lose their luster. Also, don't worry about chains becoming stiff after spray painting over them. They may be stiff at first but just roll the chain in your hand.

Watch the video on our channel for step by step instructions!


If you try out this project send us your photos on Instagram or Twitter using #decorateyou

No comments:

Post a Comment